The time now is Fri, 09 Mar 2012 10:48:15
Welcome:Guest Gold coins:0 Silver Coins:0 Points:0 Level:Guest New messages:0

User Submitted News

Have some news? Would like to report it on Games-engine's frontpage? Just start a new topic here.
You and Your news will known by everybody.

Moderator: admin, shie17, Deletr753, distdude969, tinaluo6483, Brenda Cassidy ,

FirstPage Previous 1 Next LastPage   Total  1  Page   Goto Page

One of our early favorites is the new Pokémon Challenge for Google Maps which, at long last, lets anyone with a smartphone or tablet earn the all-important title of Pokémon Master.

From an iOS or Android device, you simply need to launch the Google Maps app and tap the ‘Search’ option at the top of the screen. You’ll see a new ‘Press Start’ option and a blue Pokéball icon, signalling the classic quest that awaits every aspiring Pokémon trainer.

In our quick playtest, Google bounced us across to the Pokémon Lab, suitably located at the CERN research facility in Switzerland. As you swipe around the map, you’ll see colorful sprites for individual Pokémon, which you can then catch and add to your Pokédex for safekeeping.

There are some nice throwbacks to the original games too; the Pokédex has full artwork for each monster and when you tap on a Pokémon the classic phrase ‘a wild Pokémon appears’ is displayed prominently at the bottom of the screen.

Youtube video

Presumably Google has Nintendo’s blessing to put all of this together. The promotional video above shows off an incredible AR mode similar to Pokémon Snap on the Nintendo 64, but that’s almost certainly just Google having a bit of fun. We can all dream though, right?

It apparently works on Google maps for Android and IOS

;-)

source

10 Coins /News Award 10 Coins/ by Brenda Cassidy

Signature

Post Tue, 01 Apr 2014 01:50:33

what ever next?????????

margaret

PostTue, 01 Apr 2014 05:29:54Reply(0)

Signature

wow that's amazing we will all have to have a go
PostTue, 01 Apr 2014 13:36:26Reply(0)

Signature

Sounds very interesting! I would like to have a try on my mobile later. 
PostTue, 01 Apr 2014 20:01:31Reply(0)

Signature

Looks very cool must try that very soon thanks for this piece of news
PostTue, 01 Apr 2014 22:52:45Reply(0)

Signature

This was acctually an April fools prank from Google and I thought it would be worth sharing with everyone;-)
PostWed, 02 Apr 2014 18:54:11Reply(0)

Signature

Too Bad it's only an april fool's prank.  That would be cool and I know lots of kids that would have totally loved to do it, along with some of the adults.  Maybe it should be though of doing.. Kind of like the geocache idea.. :)
PostWed, 02 Apr 2014 23:24:33Reply(2)

Signature

Oh no! why it's only an April fool's prank? As a young lady who is terrible with directions,  I really love this idea. Wronged
PostThu, 03 Apr 2014 19:50:26Reply(2)

Signature

That's funny
Edited By meloetta13 At 5/25/2014 9:31:14 AM
PostSun, 25 May 2014 09:30:34Reply(0)

Signature

FirstPage Previous 1 Next LastPage   Total  1  Page   Goto Page
View credits policy

Quick Reply

Submit